Welcome to UsMenTalk, a place where men can come together to discuss life, love, sex, money, and all sorts of challenges we face as men and as people. We’ll talk about relationships, parenting, work, politics, sports, health, spirituality — you name it.
We want your opinions, your advice and your stories. Share the experiences that have shaped your life. Get advice on your most pressing concerns and give some advice of your own. We can all learn from one another and make informed decisions that can change our lives for the better.
UsMenTalk is free to use and your posts are always anonymous. Join the conversation.
Hi. I’m Larry Bryan, a regular guy with an unusual story. In my life, I’ve faced more than my fair share of challenges, opportunities and tragedies. But somehow, I got through it all and learned a lot along the way.
With each challenge I faced, I was fortunate to have the love and support of a wonderful family, access to inspirational talks and motivational publications (like “Ted Talks” and Success Magazine), plus exceptional real world advice from friends and colleagues.
But not everyone has this kind of support system. That’s why I created UsMenTalk.
UsMenTalk is a safe, friendly and comfortable place where us guys can come together to share our stories, ask for advice, and engage in honest, anonymous discussions about the issues we face today.
What follows is a brief list of just some of the many successes and unbelievable failures I’ve faced over the years. Each has taught me valuable life lessons — lessons that I’d like to share with you here on UsMenTalk.
- My real father left my mother and me when I was 6 months old.
- I had self confidence issues growing up.
- I still get nervous around new people today.
- I’m always concerned about what people think of me, and whether they’re judging me.
- I was a C+ student in high school and worried about my future success.
- I was kicked out of Florida State University my freshmen year for poor grades.
- I worked as a janitor and a car parking attendant after being kicked out of college.
- I eventually graduated from the University of Miami and went on to receive an MBA from Nova University.
- I worked in sales after college, so if I didn’t make it happen, I didn’t eat.
- I’ve had more business failures than successes, but the successes have always outweighed the failures financially.
- I’ve made poor decisions based on my ego and greed.
- I was a victim of a financial scam and lost millions of dollars. The scam was even publicized on the show “American Greed.” (And yes, I watched my own episode.)
- I completely trusted my COO and close friend. He stole a million dollars from me, then shot himself just before it was discovered.
- My step-father sued me for $15 million after I succeeded in making him millions. In the end, he lost the suit and owed me all of my legal fees ($2.5 million).
- I had a personal and corporate audit by the IRS over a 7 year period. In the end, I didn’t owe a penny.
- I have built and created a number of businesses.
- I married the homecoming queen, then screwed it up, ending in divorce.
- My brother overdosed on OxyContin in 2009.
- My brother-in-law shot himself as a result of depression.
- I’m still trying to figure out my life’s purpose.
- I don’t feel like I’ve accomplished everything I’m capable of.
- I hate being afraid of things like success and failure.
- I constantly read self-help and motivational books.
- I’m still a work in progress.
- In spite of everything, life is still a blast to me.
We all have our own list and our own lessons. And we all have something valuable to contribute. Join the conversation to give and receive answers and advice that can change a life for the better. If UsMenTalk can help just one person, it’s more than worth it. I look forward to sharing my advice and learning from you as well. Let’s “pay it forward” together.
Wishing you a great life,